Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No Photos, But Ten Stories Instead.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My camera battery is dead and I haven't been able to remember to recharge it! As such, Windsor's many moments of cuteness are just passing me by. But here are ten recent events/achievements in the House of Win:

1. Windsor is getting really good at climbing up on things. I know I should discourage it, but I'm kind of proud of him. He can climb up into the red chair in the living room and, with the assistance of his favorite blue chair, can crawl up on the twin bed in his room. This is why I keep the blue chair in the center of the room now, to prevent this. However, last night he picked up the chair and moved it over to the bed! I might as well just give him some stilts and a skateboard and maybe a book of matches to play with.

2. In order to keep me on my toes, Windsor has decided to love certain foods one day and then act as if they are poison the next. Earlier this week he ate about 900 green peas like they were candy. The next day Lulu happily gobbled them up as they flew off the high chair tray. His favorite things to eat, though, are fruits of almost any kind (bananas, apples, pineapple, and especially nectarines), peanut butter slathered on anything, and raisin toast.

3. He can high five like a champ.

4. His teacher reports that when she says, "Windsor, get down!" when he is standing on top of the table, he says "get down" right back at her. I haven't heard this because, ah, I have never told him to get down.

5. He knows what "be sweet" means! When he was banging on Lulu's head with a plastic shovel and I told him to be sweet, he started stroking her head with it instead.

6. Windsor recently came to the defense of his buddy Katherine at school. (In the infant room, he and Katherine were BFFs and were recently reunited in the big kids' classroom.) His teacher reported that Katherine and another baby were fighting under a table (?) and Windsor said "ARRRRRRRGH" and charged the other baby. I'm not sure I approve, but it's certainly interesting.

7. Speaking of baby fighting, Windsor got bitten yesterday. It was a perfect dental imprint. I took a picture and we will be submitting it to the State Crime Lab for identification. Actually, there wasn't even a mark on him this morning, so it wasn't that bad at all.

8. He is fond of opening the kitchen drawers and giving all the contents to Lulu. This week she received some cupcake liners, an Etta James cd, and some bibs. I'm sure she appreciated those! I complained that there weren't many drawers in this house when we moved in...now I'm glad.

9. Each Friday is Water Day at school, and all the babies don their swim diapers and bathing suits and get in the baby pool. Um, except Windsor, because he HATES IT and screams the whole time. I know this because there is a photo display on the wall at school and he is crying in all of them. I'll have to steal one to show you all.

10. 95% of the time, Windsor is still the happiest dude on the planet. During that other 5%, however, he can be calmed by giving him one object: his toothbrush.

I will get that battery charged soon, I promise!

2 comments:

the landinghams said...

I think Gabe and Win could be separated twins from different parents! I laughed and laughed over your post since Gabe does all of that (including crying at the sprinkler and baby pool)! I also think it is funny when he pulls the cat's tail or beats her head, and then goes to hugging and petting her after being told to be sweet.

Unknown said...

It's just not the same without his sweet face on this post.