Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Update!

Merry belated Christmas!

Windsor and I flew to Dallas last Sunday for a few extra days before Jeff was able to leave on Wednesday. It was quite a feat flying with Windsor (and all his stuff) by myself, but I pulled a Blanche DuBois and relied on the kindness of strangers. Thanks, bald guy who broke the stroller down to go through security and then put it back together on the other side; thanks, nice older lady who held Windsor while I got my stuff together on the plane; thanks, Southwest employee who carried my bag onto the plane in Houston; and thanks, young girl who helped me maneuver the stroller down the stairs because THE ELEVATOR WAS BROKEN AT THE DALLAS AIRPORT. Now that that's out of the way...

I didn't manage to take any photos of Windsor on the plane, but here we are in Grammy's car when we finally got to Dallas:



Grammy's house was full of new and elaborate toys, like this one:




On Christmas morning, Santa brought Windsor this gigantic sock-monkey-esque sock elephant:




Which he tussled with later in the day:




After a visit at my dad's, we headed home at the delightful hour of 5 am in order to get to the vet by noon to pick up Lulu. On the way home:





We hope you had a great holiday!

3 comments:

the landinghams said...

How do you get him to smile ALL of the time? He is so adorable! I'm glad he takes after you, Tracy. JK to Jeff. Hope to see you guys soon!

Joy said...

That red hat is to die for!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics - glad y'all had a good Christmas. Did you drive from Dallas back to Jackson? Wow, that's brave. I've flown with Catie probably a dozen times (and yes, I rely on the kindness of strangers a lot too), but we've never done a significant road trip with her.