Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Four Month Update!

It's been awhile since I've updated y'all on Windsor, and I apologize. To make it up to you, here's a picture of him from last week. Those eyes kill me, y'all!



We went to the doctor last Friday for Windsor's 4-month checkup (can you believe he's over 4 months old?!) and people, you may not be ready for his stats. You may want to sit down. Our pediatrician said, "This...is a giant baby." I forgot to write down all the stats, but I remembered the percentiles:

Weight: 19 pounds, 14 ounces...96th percentile
Height: 98th percentile
Head size: 99+ percentile!

It is possible that Windsor has the biggest head of any baby in the entire country.

I have trouble reading the CDC's percentile charts, but it looks like the 98th percentile in length is around 27.5 inches. Check it out for yourself and if I'm way off, let me know.

Win has also been doing some serious work on his neck muscles, which are pretty much fully formed now. It is soooo helpful to be able to tote him around on my hip. He is working on trying to sit up now -- it may be a little while, but the boy is trying.

He is also a jumping machine in his jumparoo thingie. Those chubby legs are going to be downright svelte with the exercise regimen he's got himself on these days. He's also gotten good at rolling over on his side (but only the left side). However, he's always been good at being super sweet and talkative. The fact that when you hug him now, he is able to wrap his little arms around your neck? It's pretty much the best thing ever.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Lots of kids have flat spots on their heads from being on their backs. Win's crib has a divot from his humungous head.

bug said...

I believe it's time for another play date! Ahem, I mean, babysitting. Srsly, Windsor, here's a $10, tell your mom and dad to hit the road and leave you with Auntee Blair!

the landinghams said...

Maybe we should switch cribs and see if Gabe's flat spot will round out with a divot in the crib.

Danielle said...

That is a great, great picture. I see a lot of you in him there, Tracy.